We encountered too many frustrating web sites where no price was given – just a contact number and a plea to ‘get in touch’ for your personal quote!. We think this might mean customers will each end up paying what the venue thinks they can afford. The reason they do this of course is that they are afraid that any given price might put some prospective customers off but we believe that if you offer good value, the advantages of a transparent web site with clear prices will attract more people than it deters!
Another thing we discovered is the practice of charging extra to use various elements of a venue – marquee, gardens, outdoor ceremony etc. At Minstrel Court the entire venue is included in the price, using either the Marquee or the Regency Barn to eat in (for large evening numbers we can sometimes arrange the use of both depending on events the following day)
We have just two pricing structures. You can hire the venue and specify any extras such as food, alcohol, guest rooms etc or you can look at our great value all inclusive packages. (we can change or upgrade any aspect of these – just talk to us!)
What is always included
For any event we include the following:
- Exclusive use of Minstrel Court from 11am on the day, and from 2pm – 5pm the afternoon before subject to availability (not possible for Sunday weddings). The site must be vacated by 10.30 the morning after the wedding
- Up to 140 chairs for events in the Meadow Chapel and 140 white garden chairs for outdoors in the Lake Pavilion
- Full Marquee or Barn furniture, depending on where you are eating (for more information see Facilities)
- In addition, if we cater the event we will provide full place settings (small extra charge for linen).
- We can also provide extras such as Table Centrepieces and Chair Covers at extremely competitive rates – see below
Extra Options (all inc VAT) (due to price fluctuations some of these may change slightly – if so, they are marked with * )
- Disco – £250 (includes a stunning light show!) – Price increase for 2020
- Garden Guest Rooms – £85 each (we have 2 – a double and a twin, both en suite)*
- Table Package hire (per table) – £9.99 (50cm Martini Vase, 30cm Circular Mirror and table number holder)
- Wishing Well hire – £29.99 – a superb handmade wooden wishing well standing nearly 4 foot high (even without a table!) with a pail full of flowers – plenty of room for gifts and cards!
- Chair Cover hire – £1.99 (White Lycra covers with a choice of Organza sash – if hessian sash we will provide Chair cover and sash for £1.50 and you tie them!!)
- Outdoor Chair cover hire – £2.99
- Retro Sweet jar hire – £19.99 – A selection of Giant Martini glasses, Goldfish Bowls and Goblets to fill and create your own sensational retro sweet buffet – the charge is to cover extra cleaning the next morning – they get everywhere! (we can provide the sweets for only 75p per person!)
- Beautiful Wedding Cart for Sweets/Cards and gifts or perhaps Evening food and Wedding Cake – £49.99 (includes Sweet Jars)!
- Great Hot Dog Cart with heated Roasting Rollers (Hot Dogs Extra) – £69.99!
- Popcorn Cart – from £1.99pp
- Unique Bride and Groom Bouncy Castle (takes adults as well!)- £99.00 !
- Mini Cooper S Convertible if the weather is fine! – £99.00
- Firework display – £295.00 – A great firework display to top off the evening and celebrate your wedding! *
- Bride and Groom Adult Bouncy Castle – £99.00!
- Giant Garden Games Package – £99.00 – Connect 4, Jenga, Dominoes and Croquet
- Sensational LED Dance Floor – £99.00
- Beech High Chairs – £4.99 each
Linen Napkins – 89p each
- All Day Tea and Coffee station – £130 – very useful and great value!